hey i received mr. dan barrett’s blessing to print and sell copies of that HANL comic book (with an offer to buy some wholesale to sell in the shop what a thing) i’m pretty happy about it and am probably gonna take a day or so off work this week to add a the few more pages i have laid out then go get a bunch printed, so stay tuned. how neat though.
i still get a lot of ?s about hand making comics so here’s a little step by step of my tedious process in case you were ever curious
good news re: dog i found the other day: he was reported missing by a family in the neighboring city (got off his lead somehow) so i returned him. good thing too because he has a digestion disorder which requires medication every so many hours or he’s vulnerable to die, his owners were very relieved and grateful he was alive.
his name was gilles so i don’t get a second dog which blows but i’m happy he’s home. ganymede and i will miss him though he was a huge sweetie. lots of thanks to those who offered to help or take him in.
how does this commission thing work?@authorizedstargazer
it depends on what you want. i think i’m pretty easy to work with, and i’m open to doing anything. here’s a rough guide (but everything & price is negotiable within reason) :
- if you just want me to draw something for you, depending on how big on how much detail + what you’re using it for, i’m game for anywhere from 15-40 bucks (the steeper end being high detail stuff, tattoo flashes, whatever)
- if you want to draw a page of comics for you, i start at 25 a page usually, and 15 for each additional.
- if you want a comic book made for you (anywhere from 10-20 pages with a front and back cover) i usually go from 50-80 dollars, very dependent on how many pages and how much detail/ color/ collage elements you want/ what your subject matter request is/ etc.
- poster type of work i normally do 40-50 for.
- also if you want me to send you the original work in addition to scans, i can and will via express mail for 15 dollars more. which i think is fairly reasonable.
if you’re interested in commissioning me email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing what you want and giving me some references to work with, and we’ll figure it out. most personal commission work takes me anywhere from a couple of days to a month-ish (if it’s a comic book- because i’m currently working on 4 in addition to personal projects and work) to get done. i like to exchange phone numbers so we can keep in touch and i can send you progress pictures or sketches and outlines before moving forward.
genevieve says if by some miracle i don’t find his rightful owner and can convince my landlord into letting me keep him that i need to name him zeus because my other dog’s name is ganymede and she wants a permanent ode to her favorite mythological slash pairing christ what is it with her and pet names
gen has spent the entirety of the 2 months i’ve known her using every opportunity she can to tease me for having stuffy interests then last night she finally took me to her apartment and i met her cats gorky and gladkov and now i can’t stop laughing about it
girl names her pets after the who’s who of russian socialist novelists then calls me pretentious for spinning oliveros god we’re hopeless i really think we were meant to find each other